USBE Approves Lexia Core5 Reading
Contact your Early Intervention Software Program (EISP) Grant Administrator to select Lexia for your school.
Lexia® Core5® Reading, an evidence-based and research-proven literacy program, is one of only four approved programs on the state-funded list and received the highest score of all providers.
Approved EISP Program Deep Dive:
Lexia Core5 Reading
During the webinar, Marci Houseman, the Lexia Utah Project Manager, provides a closer look at Core5 as well as information on our implementation services.
Lexia Core5 Reading Results
Lexia has already helped nearly 100,000 students in Utah become successful readers. Click the links below to learn more.
- [NEW] New Utah Report Finds that Percentage of K–3 Students Reading at or Above Grade Level More than Doubles After Six Months on Lexia Core5 Reading
- [NEW] Lexia Core5 Reading February Progress Report: 10 Exemplar Utah Schools Fall/Winter 2018-2019
- Lexia Core5 Reading Progress Report: 2017/18 School Year Results for Approximately 46,000 Students in Utah
- Utah State Evaluation Report Validates Literacy Gains For Students Using Lexia Core5 Reading
- Lexia Core5 Reading 2016/17 Utah Usage Gains Summary
Lexia Implementation Support for Utah
Lexia is proven effective, when implemented with fidelity. We partner with schools and districts to meet your literacy goals through a sustainable, measurable and successful Lexia implementation. Our shared objective is to ensure the program is used with fidelity in order for students to get the kind of gains that you are seeking.
Implementation is a process and our implementation support services are designed to support leaders and educators throughout the various stages of implementation. Together, we help schools and districts move from Implementation to Expansion to Optimization.
Implementation success requires coordination among all stakeholders and Lexia's dedicated Utah Implementation Project Manager oversees this coordination. Implementation Managers provide personalized school level support and the Project Manager provides personalized district level support.
As your implementation partners, we support deep implementation through consistent training, coaching and monitoring. Together, we design school and district implementation plans that incorporate all three of these essential elements.
To address potential gaps in implementation, each plan details the type of support to be provided throughout the year. The graphic below depicts one approach to providing these implementation support deliverables:
By no means exhaustive, the list of school and district level deliverables include the following:
- Drafting a Lexia Implementation Plan
- Providing guidance for technical set-up
- Organizing, scheduling and delivering up to 3 on-site professional learning sessions (school and district level)
- Access to on-demand Training Resources
- Providing guidance on scheduling of students for Lexia usage in classrooms, computer labs, intervention blocks, before/after school and at home
- Monitoring progress towards literacy goals via video leadership conferences (school level) and on-site leadership conferences (district level)
- Providing ongoing collaborative support via email and phone
- Assisting with summer school implementations, end-of-year maintenance and new year start up
Lexia Scope & Sequence
Lexia Core5 Reading provides all students—from emerging readers to on-level and advanced students—a structured, sequential, scaffolded approach to the five areas of reading instruction—from phonological awareness to comprehension. The program creates personalized learning paths for each student through adaptive placement and pacing in activities aligned to the Common Core and other rigorous state standards. See the full Scope & Sequence here.
Lexia stands as one of the most rigorously researched, independently evaluated, and respected reading programs in the world. Lexia now has 18 externally-reviewed research studies that meet the standards of evidence under ESSA: 8 strong, 2 moderate, and 8 promising. Access the studies here.
To speak to your representative about Lexia Core5 Reading and the Utah Early Intervention Program, please contact: