Lexia English Language Development Alignment to the ELPS
Emergent Bilinguals need to learn both language and content simultaneously. Lexia English designers examined the Texas English Language Proficiency Standards and used them to create a scope and sequence of language purpose and grammar skills.
The program design also aligns with the following Texas Administrative Codes, agency rules, and assessments:
- Texas English Language Proficiency Standards
- TAC, TITLE 19 Education, Part 2 Texas Education Agency Chapter 89 Adaptations for Special Populations Subchapter BB •
- Texas Education Code Chapter 29.055
- TAC, Title 19 Education, Part 2 Texas Education Agency Chapter 74 Curriculum Requirements Subchapter A, 74.4
- Department of Education, Office of Formula Grants, School Support and Accountability, ESSA Legislation, Title III Language Instruction for English Learners and Immigrant Students
- TEA, Texas Assessment
- TELPAS Exam
Learn more in the guide.