Lexia® Core5® Reading is a fun, computer-based program that has helped millions of students improve their literacy skills. The activities in Core5 support and build on classroom curriculum and focus on developing reading skills in six areas: phonological awareness, phonics, structural analysis, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
Click above to see Core5 in action!
- Students begin the online program at a starting point that is right for them based on the results of a brief placement activity.
- Progress and performance in the program are reported directly to teachers so that they can provide assistance when needed.
- Paper-and-pencil and hands on activities are used for practicing and extending skills.
- Achievement certificates are earned when students complete levels. These are an opportunity to celebrate success and talk about newly-gained skills.
Core5 provides a structured and systematic approach to six critical areas of reading:
- phonological awareness—recognizing sounds in words
- phonics—understanding the connection between sounds and letters
- structural analysis—recognizing meaningful parts in words
- fluency—reading smoothly and with expression
- vocabulary—understanding word meanings and relationships
- comprehension—understanding spoken and written language
The Core5 Scope & Sequence has more detail of what is in each level of the program.
See the Core5 Scope & Sequence in action!