Schedule Time for Learning
There’s a lot you can do to help your child get the most out of their time using PowerUp.
- When learners log in to PowerUp, they'll see a personalized weekly goal for each area of the program on their dashboard.
- Try to set a schedule that will help your reader reach this target each week. Total time will be between 75–135 minutes per week.
Set Up for Success
- Try to provide a quiet space for learning, and check the volume before each session. Headphones can be helpful but aren’t necessary.
- Finishing a unit before moving on is important to ensure usage minutes are accurate. The green progress bar at the bottom of the page fills up when the unit is complete.
- Tell your reader to logout completely when they are finished with the program by selecting the Log Out button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Remind your reader to use the hints button when available. This button is located in the upper right of the screen and provides access to an anchor chart (summary of the skill) and any instructional image or video that is appropriate.
- It is important to let your reader work in PowerUp without help from parents, siblings or other caregivers. PowerUp was built to provide help and instruction to students when they need it. Encourage your reader to keep trying--learning takes time!
Check In and Track Progress
- Encourage your reader to set goals for their work in PowerUp and make decisions regarding their reading. They can select the skill area they wish to work on during any given session. You can help them monitor their usage and progress by clicking on the Your Progress tile.
- Ask to see how many units your reader has completed today, this week, and all time. Praise them for careful and continued progress.
Visit Lexia’s At-Home Resources Hub for practice resources and more.
- Choose Lexia Skill Builders® from levels your reader has recently completed to help strengthen and extend newly learned skills.
- Explore the Read @ Home activities or a Student Choice Board to get the whole family involved!