Lexia Learning Systems LLC, a Rosetta Stone Company (“Lexia”) is the developer of the Lexia® technology-based learning solutions. We take the privacy of our customers seriously. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy while providing a personalized and valuable service.
Personal information is collected by Lexia. We collect personally identifiable information about you (your “Data”) through:
- The use of inquiry and registration forms.
- The purchase process when you buy any of our products or services
- The provision of your details to us either online or offline
The elements of your Data that we collect may include:
- Job title
- Company name
- Home, shipping and billing addresses, phone and fax number
- Mobile telephone number
- E-mail address
- IP address and browser information
- Payment details such as credit card information
- Market research data such as customer usage patterns
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We use your Data for purposes which may include:
- Providing our customers with a personalized service and support.
- Engaging in transactions and communications with our customers.
- Processing orders, registrations and inquiries.
- Conducting market research and surveys.
- Running competitions.
- Measuring interest in and improving our website, products, and services.
- Providing you with information about products and services we offer. You may stop the delivery of marketing emails by following the instructions accompanying a particular communication or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resolving disputes, collecting fees, and troubleshooting problems.
We use the information you provide when placing an order to complete that order and to service your account. We do not share this information with outside parties except: 1. to the extent necessary to complete that order or to provide services where the outside party is acting on our behalf and has no independent right to use the information we provide (e.g., third-party shipping, business analytics, or customer support ); or 2. to successors in title to our business; or 3. in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements; or 4. as necessary, in Lexia’s sole discretion, to protect the perceived rights, safety and property of Lexia, users of our websites, and the public.
Sharing with Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
These services may include:
- Fulfilling and verifying product and service orders and delivering
- Payment processing
- Providing customer service
- Sending marketing communications
- Fulfilling subscription services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Providing cloud computing infrastructure and hosting
- Providing product and service support, maintenance and improvement
- Fulfilling obligations required by law, regulation or contract
We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personally identifiable information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified):
- To build up marketing profiles
- To aid strategic development
- To audit usage of the site
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
We also use information from cookies for purposes, which may include:
- Identifying returning users and registrants
- Enabling users to move more easily around our site
- Tracking how our users use of our site to better develop our sites in accordance with user requirements
- Building up a demographic profile of our site users
If you do not want to help us learn how to improve our site, products, offers and marketing strategy, you may choose to set your Web browser to not accept cookies. Further information on how to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org under the ‘manage cookies’ section. Alternatively, go to the help menu within your Internet browser.
From time to time we may permit third party companies to set cookies on Lexia Websites for purposes which may include market research, revenue tracking or to improve functionality of the site.
We may place or recognize technology on your browser or device when you visit our Sites for purposes of serving you targeted advertising (also referred to as "online behavioral advertising"). We also work with third party advertising companies who place their own cookies or similar technology on your browser or device when you visit our Sites and other websites to serve customized advertisements to you as you browse the Internet. As noted above, you can set your device or browser to accept or reject most cookies, or at least notify you in most situations that the technology is offered. As an additional step, these advertising companies may participate in one of the following self-regulatory programs for online behavioral advertising, with corresponding user opt-outs:
- Networking Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) (US Only)
- Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/) (US Only)
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/) (EU Only)
- Digital Advertising Alliance - Canada (http://youradchoices.ca/choices) (Canada Only)
- DAA App Choices Mobile App (Mobile Devices Only) - For mobile devices (e.g., smartphone, tablets), you may consider downloading the DAA AppChoices Mobile App to manage such technology.
Please note that even if you reject such technology, you may continue to receive advertisements, but the advertisements will not be tailored to your browsing activities and interests.
Email or Newsletter Preferences
You may sign-up to receive email or newsletter or other communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you or at your member profile on our website or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Lexia has appropriate measures in place to help ensure that our users’ Data is protected against unauthorized access or use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss. Although we make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet. There is also some risk that thieves could find a way to thwart our security systems. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer of Data
The Internet is a global environment. Websites, software, services and programs delivered and accessed through the Internet necessarily involve the transmission and processing of personal data, sometimes on an international basis, depending, for example, on where the user is located. When personal information is provided to Lexia through the Websites, the information will be processed from and stored on servers located in the United States and globally, and by using the Websites, you acknowledge and give Lexia authorization to such transfer, processing and storage.
Lexia complies with the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from Switzerland. Lexia has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Lexia’s certification, please visit https://safeharbor.export.gov/swisslist.aspx.
Lexia participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Lexia is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Lexia is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. We comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Lexia is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Access to Data and Contact Info
Upon request Lexia will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may request a copy or send a request to access, correct, or delete the personal information we hold about you by contacting the Privacy Officer at email@example.com or writing to:
Privacy Officer Lexia Learning Systems LLC
Lexia Learning Systems LLC
300 Baker Avenue, Suite 320
Concord Massachusetts 01742
Phone: (978) 405-6200
We may charge the allowable fee under applicable law for provision of this information.
Children Under 13
We do not intentionally collect any information on children under 13 years of age from our Websites. We will undertake to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has notified us that any such details have been obtained.
Changes to this Policy